Another milestone in the WWFF VKFF award schemes. Had this one sitting on my desktop for sometime now and kept forgetting to post it to the blog. Well its here now, onward and upward.
So in the demijohns we currently have from left to right, apple cider that is fermenting like a champion, raspberry wine that needs to be racked again to a clean demi and finally, today’s effort, what will end up being a grape cider. Its 5L of comercial grape juice that I intend to make very fizzy and kind of sweet.
I was out in the garden just now and saw this little fellow on one of the mulberry trees. Had to run back inside to grab the camera to take a decent photo of it.
As far as the mulberries go, they are just about done for the season. There are a few left, but not many.
On the other hand, the blueberries are still going strong and this one plant has the biggest berries you have ever seen. These things are marbled sized and very sweet.
I ran into a little bit of an issue with the old power management system i had installed. The original design was to use a buck converter to drop the battery voltage to 3.3v, this worked fine except the micro controller would not run with 3.3v it needs 5v, so much for reading the manual which said it ran on 3.3v. So then I added a boost converter, except that the BMS would shut down when it was connected.
So onto plan C, i ripped out the BMS, the charge controller and the converter, and am now using an all in 1 unit that is designed to work as shield board for the wemos mini. USB cable will run to the solar panels to charge the lipo’s, the jst connector goes to the batteries and power out is from the 5v pin on the shield. Yeah its ugly, but will work. The 3.3v needed for the sensors will all run off the regulator on the micro. Its a mess, but will work.
Now that crap is sorted, its time to finish off the code and make it work. Thats a job for another night.