While QRP Labs makes some wonderful kits, they really could do with adding 20% more board area so that old sausage fingers can got in there and do some Da Finger Poken. I get that some things really need to be packed in tight, but others do not and I think the filter boards can be much bigger and contain a 2nd set of holes for the wires rather than trying to solder them to the tops of the header pins. Anyway that’s enough moaning from me. The kit is going together well all tests have been successful and I am confident that it will eventually power on and work.
I got reading glasses a few months back, but I can tell you I am really noticing how hard some things are to do, to solder that one smd park i had to use both my glasses and the huge magnifying glass to get the job done 🙂
I love it when a plan comes together, needed 3.1uh on the 2 inductors, and guess what I got, 3.1uh HAHAHA.
I still have the polyphase board to build. Then i need to start working out what bits i am going to add to it to make it complete. Arduino and SI5351A obviously and some kind of AF amp should do the trick. More on this to come.