Cannot Trust Ebay Adaptors

So after coming home from the beach aka an activation, i put the uBitx on the bench and gave it a bit of a test out. Seems it needed some calibration work, the audio was way to tinny, so a bit of BFO fiddling was in order and a little LO calibration was needed also as it was way off frequency.

Well, I do want to say this about the uBitx calibration routines, they suck. There is no real way to get the radio any closer than 50hz off frequency. This is not good enough really and I know i can do better, but I am going to have to do a lot of code reworking so i can make the changes I require.

Anyway, thats not the point of this post, while i was sitting here trying to diagnose how I bricked the uBitx for the 4th time, i found out the lack of RF was a broken adaptor. Seems the arse fell out of it and there was no antenna thus no RF. Yeah Me 🙂

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.